ASIC Connect is the new online service for interacting with ASIC’s registers.
Services available on ASIC Connect include:
ASIC Connect search – for searching company, business names and self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) auditor registers.
ASIC Connect business names – for:
- registering a business name
- renewing the registration of a business name
- cancelling or cancelling and transferring a business name, and
- updating business name details.
ASIC Connect self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) auditor – for:
- registering as an SMSF auditor, and
- updating SMSF auditor details.
AusIndustry in the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science puts Australian businesses first by simplifying and streamlining access to information, advice and services.
Find out aboug the latest Innovation related-support available here.
The Australian Trade Commission – Austrade – is the Australian Government’s trade and investment development agency. Austrade assists Australian businesses of all sizes, across all sectors, to succeed in international trade and investment. Operating through a global network of offices in more than 100 locations in over 55 countries, Austrade offers practical advice, market intelligence and ongoing support to Australian business:
- Assist Australian enterprises to capture increased export and outward investment opportunities
- Facilitate productive foreign direct investment (FDI) into Australia
- Work to reduce barriers to trade, both at the border and behind the border
- Administer the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme, which provides inancial assistance to potential, new and existing Australian exporters
- Provide advice to the Australian Government on its trade and investment policy agenda
- Deliver Australian consular, passport and other government services in designated overseas locations.
Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland
Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland, a non-Government organisation, is the state’s leading business association, delivering a broad range of services and representing business interests to government at all levels.
It’s your business but you can’t run it on your own.
While you’re building and nurturing your business at the coalface, it’s CCIQ’s job to take care of the bigger picture by creating an environment in which your business can thrive.
CCIQ can support your business in many ways.
- Advocacy to reduce the time you need to spend dealing with red tape
- Training and education to keep you competitive
- Products that help you do business smarter and more efficiently
- Legal advice that keeps you informed and protected
- Business intelligence so you can stay ahead of the game
- Networks and partnerships that give you opportunities to grow
- Since 1868, CCIQ has been here to ensure Queensland businesses like yours have the best chance to prosper.
Department of Communications
Want to get your business or community organisation online, but don’t know where to start? Need some help with your transition to e-commerce? Or do you just want practical advice about the internet and what it means for your organisation? digitalbusiness.gov.au provides information that may assist you.
Department of Education & Training
The Department of Education and Training contains information about developing your skills and the skills of your employees can help to keep your business competitive. Investing in skills and training can increase productivity and innovation, help you attract and retain high quality employees and improve customer satisfaction.
Find out what skills will help your business grow and what support is available for your business.
Department of Employment
The Australian Government Department of Employment is responsible for national policies and programmes that help Australians find and keep employment and work in safe, fair and productive workplaces.
Employers can find out about workplace relations, employing people with a disability, young people, mature aged workers and Indigenous Australians, wage subsidies and incentives, paid parental leave and more.
Moreton Bay Regional Council
The Moreton Bay Regional Council plays an active role in creating business and investment opportunities throughout the Moreton Bay region. The Council is committed to supporting businesses and investors, and offers a wide range of practical help and advice.
Its key aims are to encourage business investment in the region, improve business competitiveness and create employment opportunities for local people.
Business Groups in the Moreton Bay Region
Business Resources – Moreton Bay Regional Council
The following is information for business owners supplied by Moreton Bay Regional Council
Small Business Newsroom
All your tax and super news in one place.
Managed by the Australian Taxation Office, visit the Small business newsroom online at any time to check out the latest news, previous articles or download reminders to your calendar.
You can also sign up to have the Small business newsroom delivered to your e-mail inbox.
Find out about topics such as completing your BAS, starting a small business, buying a car for your business, knowing your responsibilities as a company director, changing from a sole trader to a company, tax returns…and more!
Other Business Resources
Business Moreton Bay region (business web portal for the Moreton Bay region)