The Sunshine Coast region will see construction booming over the next year with $1 billion being delivered through the Palaszczuk Government’s 2017-18 Budget.
Acting Premier and Minister for Infrastructure Jackie Trad said that the funding would support 2,900 jobs over the next year.
“The Palaszczuk Government is serious about investing in the infrastructure each region needs,” Ms Trad said.
Minister for Main Roads and Road Safety Mark Bailey said that we are investing in road projects and upgrades throughout the region because road safety is a priority.
“We are getting on with the job of six-laning the Bruce Highway and completing the intersection upgrades at Kawana and Nicklin Way.
“These projects will allow motorists to spend less time in the car and more time at home with family and friends.”
Minister for Environment Dr Steven Miles said the road projects were complemented by the massive infrastructure projects underway in the region.
“Across the state, we are working with councils to build projects that will make a real difference to communities and deliver local jobs,” Dr Miles said.
“We are delivering major infrastructure projects such as a new primary school in Caloundra South and major hospital upgrades at Caloundra and Caboolture.”
Mr Bailey said the projects were part of the Palaszczuk Government’s $42 billion infrastructure spend over the next four years.
“The Palaszczuk Government is committed to continuing to invest in vital infrastructure funding, building our roads network, boosting productivity, creating jobs and fostering economic growth,” Mr Bailey said.
“We’re repairing the damage done by the LNP who slashed roads funding by $600 million and stalled countless projects across Queensland.”
Projects partly or fully funded in this Budget include:
- $929.3 million Bruce Highway from four to six lanes from Caloundra Road to the Sunshine Motorway
- $100.4 million Bruce Highway and Boundary Road interchange
- $89.3 million for the SunCoast Power project to increase network capacity
- $79.8 million Bruce Highway Brisbane to Gympie safety barriers
- $32 million for a new primary school in Caloundra South
- $22 million Kawana Way and Nicklin Way, Sunshine Coast University Hospital intersection upgrade
- $19.6 million Caboolture Hospital Emergency Department expansion
- $16.3 million replacement of Caboolture police station
- $7.9 million Caloundra Hospital refurbishment
- $8.1 million Redcliffe Hospital upgrades