Are you a small business owner with an inspiring story? Did your business start from a small idea and grow into something you never imagined possible? Have you embraced change to succeed following an unexpected challenge?
Or perhaps you’ve created an innovative product or service that sets you apart from your competitors. However you have started, grown or employed, we invite you to share your story and celebrate your achievements by nominating to become one of the 100 Faces of Small Business.
100 Faces of Small Business will highlight the human stories behind Queensland’s diverse small business sector, shining a light on real people, their unique business experience and their inspiring stories.
By becoming one of the 100 Faces of Small Business, your business will feature in a digital showcase to be launched as part of Queensland Small Business Week 2018 (QSBW 2018).
Benefits for participating small businesses
Small businesses will:
- have their images and stories promoted in a digital gallery and through various media channels
- be featured as part of the QSBW 2018 program
- receive a complimentary invitation to the QSBW 2018 Celebration Dinner
- be profiled over the subsequent 12 month period by the Office of Small Business, including via a collated promotional video
- be provided with a selection of photos and website content that the businesses can use in their own marketing materials.
How to participate
Queensland small businesses are invited to nominate for 100 Faces of Small Business.
To be eligible for consideration, the business must:
- be registered in Queensland
- hold a registered Australian Business Name
- have been operating for a minimum of 12 months as at 31 December 2017
- employ fewer than 20 staff
- not currently be bankrupt, insolvent, or under receivership or voluntary administration.
In the nomination form, the business will need to provide:
- up to 500 words detailing their business experience and story
- up to 150 words on how participating in 100 Faces of Small Business will benefit them
- contact details of 2 referees who can testify to their business success.
Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 19 February 2018.