Priority One – Regional Leadership & Advocacy
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Moreton Bay, along with Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC), Moreton Bay Region Industry & Tourism (MBRIT) and other key regional stakeholders have a critical role to play in driving regional leadership and advocating on behalf of the region.
The region also needs to be future focused and this will enable the region to:
- Provide a consistent framework to guide regional planning, action and innovation
- Identify and understand the major forces that will shape the big picture environment and the local community into the future
- Place context around regional growth
- Detect social changes before they become trends.
Two key examples of collaborative regional leadership:
Moreton Bay Region Economic Development Alliance: is a cross government partnership to promote a collaborative approach to the economic development of the region. The Alliance is made up of representatives from MBRIT, MBRC and State Government. It was initiated by RDA Moreton Bay to provide a collaborative platform to share information and knowledge; inform regional economic development, priority and initiative setting.
Moreton Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce & BPW Alliance: through the leadership of RDA Moreton Bay the region’s nine Chambers of Commerce, and two Business & Professional Woman networks meet on a quarterly basis, supported by CCIQ, MBRIT and MBRC.
The meetings are focused on information and knowledge sharing, developing joint initiatives and events, and promoting collaboration.
Business membership across the collaborating organisations, including MBRIT members and the members of the RDA Moreton Bay business cluster groups exceeds 1000!
How RDA Moreton Bay Adds Value:
- Leadership role advocating, engaging, connecting and building partnerships with all levels of government, business and community
- Engaging business groups
- Promotion of government programs
- Research & Intelligence: what are the critical issues, key challenges and trends facing the region?
- Thought Leadership – identifying opportunities to support the economic development of the region.