Are you new to business, or thinking of starting a small business?
Give your business the best start!
REGISTER NOW to come along to this FREE introductory workshop run by ATO staff and supported by Moreton Bay Regional Council.
You’ll learn about:
•business structures and their different rules, tax rates and obligations
•tax and non-tax business registrations
•allowable deductions, including motor vehicle deductions, depreciation and home-based business expenses
•annual and quarterly reporting requirements
•record keeping principles
•where to go for help and information when you need it.
We will show you online tools and resources that can help you and you’ll have the chance to ask questions.
This is a great opportunity for you to network.
There is a dedicated Employer essentials free workshop so employer obligations are not covered in this event.
Presented by SRJ Walker Wayland on behalf of RDA Moreton Bay
Are you experiencing growth in your business or expecting significant growth in the near future? Do you need help to grow your business? Perhaps you are currently experiencing growth and need help to manage the impact of this growth. Are you a start-up in need of some general business advice or assistance with developing your business systems? Perhaps you have an innovative new product ready for commercialisation and need assistance getting it to market. Or perhaps you simply need help with bringing your business into the digital age.
The right business grant applications for both state and federal government funding can secure the help you need to hit your business goals…but preparation is key.
To find out how to ensure your business is best placed to achieve grant success come along to our interactive, 90-minute workshop where you will:
- Understand the seven-step process to ensure your business is best placed to take advantage of grant opportunities
- Understand the importance of having a Strategic Business Plan and why this is the foundation stone on which your application is based
- Obtain practical tips on how to complete grant applications – including mapping an application to a current small business grant
- Obtain an overview of some of the relevant grant funding opportunities available to help you achieve your business goals.
This practical session will be presented by Dianne Brown, Business Advisor with SRJ Walker Wayland.
Dianne is a Chartered Accountant with over 15 years public practice experience in the small to medium sized enterprise (SME) market. Dianne’s career has been fuelled by her intellectual curiosity and her desire to know how businesses work, what drives the business and its owners and how we can do things better to achieve both our business and life goals.
Dianne’s special skill is her ability to communicate complex tax and accounting information in easy to understand language tailored to various audiences including business owners, managers, non-accountants and accountants.
To support this, Dianne has developed a special interest in accessing alternative funding arrangements to help businesses achieve their growth. As such, she specialises in evaluating and obtaining both Federal and State Grant funding for businesses operating in both the commercial arena and the not-for-profit space.
To view Current Grants CLICK HERE
Free Workshop by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
Are you new to business, or thinking of starting a small business? Give your business the best start!
This FREE 2 hour introductory workshop is for small businesses who:
· want to learn how to keep records to claim all entitled deductions
· are registered for GST or who are thinking of registering for GST.
At this event you will have hands-on experience of recording money in and out of your business. You will also learn how to calculate and record GST as well as time-saving tips allowing you to focus on your business.
The 2018 Moreton Bay Region/North Brisbane Small Business Expo will feature 200 exhibitors, over 800+ visitors on the day:
- business to business marketplace designed for local business owners to showcase, collaborate and sell in the region.
- a dedicated Information and Technology Hubs where you will learn about the most cutting edge technologies to advance your business and pick up the latest Government information.
- a celebration for small business – so in between sales conversations, you can grab a coffee or a bite to eat at the food trucks and enjoy the live music.
If you are a business who targets the Moreton Bay/North Brisbane region, we fully support the expo as a rewarding day to promote and sell your business and services.
For an Exhibition Stand Info Pack email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0475 411 793
** The stall price includes an exhibition stand, pre expo training and lunch for 2 on the day.
Join other members of the Chamber and guests to network, collaborate, and celebrate the Award Winning White Brick Brewing, owned by NLCCI member, Adam Gibb.
Social networking for business is essential to establishing firm business relationships that result in collaboration, innovation, friendship and trust. What opportunitie lie ahead for your business?
Adam’s award winning beers will be available for purchase (as well as soft drinks), with some wine available for non-beer drinkers.
Capability statements are a key requirement in the pre-qualification for government projects and tendering opportunities, as well as for private sector major projects and sub-contractor work. You will learn what a business capability statement is and why it is important to have one, how to access the latest information on Queensland’s major projects, improve your understanding of the major projects supply chain and develop your draft business capability statement.
The cost of the workshop is $50 (incl. GST) per attendee.
Attendees will also receive handouts and a USB memory stick containing useful guides and resources.
RPCC are very pleased to announce a new event in conjunction with the The Sebel Margate. We have listened to the members that have difficulty attending evening meetings so we are having breakfast. Free event for the first 40 members to RSVP. More details to come but put this in your diary!
The Innovate Moreton Bay Social Catch-Up will be held on the third Wednesday of every month at 3.00pm at North Lakes Sports Club (on the deck).
Who can come?
Local business owners, entrepreneurs, innovators, or those who simply want to connect with like-minded thinkers and tinkers. It’s a family-friendly environment, and the Kids Club (North Lakes Sport Club) will be open for members.
- Learn the basics about the various social media platforms and which ones are right for you
- Learn how to create good content and use Facebook to drive traffic to your website and advertise your business
Do you want to stand out from your competitors and maximise your chances of winning work?
This practical and interactive workshop will show you how to prepare and submit conforming and effective tenders for government and private sectors, both large and small contracts.
You will gain valuable information to enable you to demonstrate your businesses expertise, capability and value-add activities to those personnel who are responsible for assessing your fit in the supply chain. The workshop will cover:
- complete all offer/tender documents for goods and services;
- how to interpret standard terms and conditions contained in these documents;
- where to look for current and upcoming tendering opportunities;
- understanding the importance of non-price criteria vs price;
- common pitfalls and traps
- practical examples of how other businesses have responded to key criteria
This is an interactive 4 hour workshop. Pre-payment is required. A tax invoice will be issued as confirmation of booking.
Included: Tea and coffee on arrival, morning tea, handouts and a USB memory stick containing useful links and information.
Register now for the next tendering workshop
Contact Tim McGrath by email Tim.McGrath@dsdmip.qld.gov.au or phone 07 5352 9703
(Extract from DSDMIP Eventbrite invitation)