Join Business Moreton Bay Region on Friday 7 June for a special presentation with one of the country’s most influential executives, Todd Sampson. Tickets include a 2-course lunch and beverages, and access to the exclusive networking function.
TODD SAMPSON PRESENTS ‘BRAIN POWER’
Todd is the breakout star of the hit ABC show, Gruen Planet and a co-host on the Channel 10 news show, The Project. Todd is also the writer, producer and host of a discovery science documentary series called Redesign My Brain, which won Documentary of the Year. He is writer, producer and host for the Discovery Channel’s Bodyhack, nominated for Best Factual Series and Most Outstanding Documentary of the Year. He is also the writer, producer and host of ABC documentary, Life on the Line.
Todd was the CEO and non-executive Chairman of Leo Burnett, Australia. His company was ranked as the seventh most creative company in the world.
Todd is the co-creator of the Earth Hour initiative, which was the largest environmental movement in history.
The Financial Review and News Limited ranked him as one of the most influential executives in Australia.
Todd sits on the Board of Directors on both Fairfax and Qantas. Outside of work, Todd enjoys mountaineering and has climbed to the top of Mount Everest unguided.
Prior to Todd’s presentation, a panel of industry experts will discuss the latest marketing trends and challenges. Panelists to be announced soon!
Exclusive Networking Event
Connect with key stakeholders and businesses from around the region at the exclusive networking function following the business luncheon. The networking function will run from 2.30pm to 5.00pm. Business Moreton Bay Region Event Series registrations are now open.
Join other members and guests of the Chamber on the first Friday of each month for a social networking event at the North Lakes Hotel.
End the week with a relaxing afternoon for a drink, chat and catch up with other businesses within the North Lakes region.
Please note that tickets must be purchased prior to attending this event.
Getting Grant Ready – Start-Ups and New Business Focus:
- Understanding the seven-step process to ensure your business is best placed to take advantage of grant opportunities;
- Understanding the importance of having a Strategic Business Plan and why this is the foundation stone on which your application is based;
- Obtain practical tips on how to complete grant applications – including mapping an application to a current small business grant;
- Obtain an overview of some of the relevant grant funding opportunities available to help you achieve your business goals.
8:45am Registration for a 9:00am Start
This practical session will be presented by Dianne Brown, Business Advisor with SRJ Walker Wayland, on behalf of RDA Moreton Bay, for the Maritime Industry including discussion on the Federal Government Entrepreneurs Program & Other Funding Initiatives
Dianne is a Chartered Accountant with over 15 years public practice experience in the small to medium sized enterprise (SME) market. Dianne’s career has been fuelled by her intellectual curiosity and her desire to know how businesses work, what drives the business and its owners and how we can do things better to achieve both our business and life goals.
Dianne’s special skill is her ability to communicate complex tax and accounting information in easy to understand language tailored to various audiences including business owners, managers, non-accountants and accountants.
To support this, Dianne has developed a special interest in accessing alternative funding arrangements to help businesses achieve their growth. As such, she specialises in evaluating and obtaining both Federal and State Grant funding for businesses operating in both the commercial arena and the not-for-profit space.
To view Current Grants CLICK HERE
Topic: “Economy Insights – Australia & Overseas”
This breakfast meeting, the Chamber invites Paul Burns & Tom Josey from NAB to discuss the economy, trends and opportunties for business.
With over 15 years banking and finance experience in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, Thomas has worked with clients from a diverse range of industries.
Thomas’ current role sees him consulting to and working with a portfolio of clients on how to mitigate their Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange risk, and appropriately manage their cash flows. By sharing his in-depth knowledge of financial risk management, his clients are able to maintain their focus on what they know best, whether it’s property, manufacturing or healthcare.
Thomas studied his undergraduate degree at QUT (Banking & Finance), is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and is an accredited dealer with the Australian Financial Markets Association.
Thomas is also a writer full member of the Australian Performing Rights Association, but that’s a story for another day.
Paul is an Associate Director with NAB’s Business Markets division, specialising in foreign exchange and risk management.
With 15 Years of experience working in Financial Markets both here in Australian and abroad Paul brings together both practical knowledge in protecting companies against exchange rate volatility, an intuitive understanding of what drives markets as well as the ability to simplify the most complex of challenges.
Paul has assisted clients in a broad range of industries with a strong focus on developing beneficial professional relationships.
***Note: All tickets must be pre-paid for catering purposes*** The North Lakes Chamber of Commerce & Industry will not be allowing walk in tickets to events. This is due to the difficulty in catering events and collecting moneys at the door.
The Innovate Moreton Bay Social Catch-Up will be held on the third Wednesday of every month at 3.00pm to 5.00pm at North Lakes Sports Club (on the deck).
WHO CAN COME?
Local business owners, entrepreneurs, innovators, or those who simply want to connect with like-minded thinkers and tinkers.
It’s a family-friendly environment, and the Kids Club (North Lakes Sport Club) will be open for members.
Food and beverages are available for purchase at the venue.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
What are the benefits to coming along to the Innovate Moreton Bay Social Catch-Up? Well, there’s plenty!
This is your opportunity to share your story and experience with others. Collaboration is innovation – and you never know who you might meet. Keep up-to-date with relevant topics and events within the Regional Innovation Ecosystem, and connect with others who may be able to assist in getting your idea to the next level. Grow your personal network regionally, nationally and even internationally
To get the most out of this collaborative network, we recommend you think about:
What’s your WHY?
How can you help others?
How can others help you?
FIND OUT MORE:
Get in touch with the Moreton Bay Regional Innovation Coordinator Steve Butler at email@example.com or 0412 911 546.
Do you want to maximise you chances of winning work?
Join us for the Departments popular Tendering for Business Workshop as we show you the art of developing and submitting conforming and effective tenders, including:
- The principles of government procurement policies and processes;
- How to interpret and effectively respond to offer and tender documents;
- Where to look for current and upcoming tendering opportunities;
- How to interpret terms and conditions
- How to identify purchasing requirements for products and services.
This is an interactive 4 hour workshop. Pre-payment is required. A tax invoice will be issued as confirmation of booking.
Included: Tea and coffee on arrival, morning tea, handouts and a USB memory stick containing useful links and information.
Register now for the next tendering workshop
Contact Tim McGrath by email Tim.McGrath@dsdmip.qld.gov.au or phone 07 5352 9703.
DSDMIP collects registration information, including personal details, related to attendance at business seminars run by the department. The information will not be disclosed to any third parties, unless authorised or required by law. Workshops may be cancelled if registration levels are not met. You will be notified of alternatives available to you.
Terms and Conditions
- The Queensland Government, represented by the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning, is the event organiser.
- The event organiser may engage photographers to take photos of or film people presenting at or attending the event.
- By purchasing this ticket you agree to the event organiser making images and recordings, whether sound, digital or otherwise, of you at the event.
- You authorise the event organiser to store and use, publish or reproduce the images and recordings in any form and by any medium for public relations, promotions, commercial and advertising purposes.
- In any form and by any medium includes newspapers, magazines, brochures, television advertisements, promotional videos, CD-ROM, internet websites and social media, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo or other multimedia.
- The event organiser may also store the images and recordings in the Queensland Government Image Library.
- The event organiser may use and disclose your personal information from the registration form in association with your images and recordings.
- The event organiser will be the owner of the copyright in the images and recordings in all forms and in all mediums in perpetuity.
- You will not be entitled to claim any payment, royalty or other consideration from the event organiser for making, storing, using, publishing or reproducing the images and recordings.
If you do not understand any terms of this consent please ask a representative of the event organiser before the event begins.
The Department/Agency is collecting the information on this photo and film consent form in order to use images and recordings of you in promotional materials for the Queensland Government and as otherwise stated above. This information will only be accessed by authorised employees within the Department/Agency. Some of this information may be given to other departments/agencies, contractors of this Department/Agency and other departments/agencies and authorised users of the Queensland Government Image Library for the purpose of using images and recordings of you in promotional materials. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us your consent or we are required or permitted by law.
Registration 5:45pm for a 6:00pm Start
About the workshop
The social media and digital marketing world is so overcrowded where large brands and businesses dominate leaving small businesses to fight over the scraps… right?
WRONG! Leave behind the frustration of digital marketing overload and start increasing the results of your marketing and sales campaigns.
Attend the workshop to learn:
- What social media platforms best suit your business
- How to stop wasting admin time managing your social media
- Understanding Advertising V Branding
- How to nurture online leads – understanding the digital customer journey
- Maximising ROI and lead conversion
By the end of the workshop you will have a key understanding of what platforms and digital strategies will deliver you the best results for your business.
Caleb’s passion is to see bottom line results, after the implementation and execution of customised growth strategies for SMEs. He is the founder of The Growth Agency, which employs a team of specialists combining cutting-edge digital marketing practices with sales technology and methods to ensure business growth for its clients. Since its founding, The Growth Agency has experienced significant growth itself, opening offices in Brisbane, Ho Chi Minh and Hong Kong. Caleb is now focusing on giving back to the business community, by presenting and assisting SMEs to embrace the digital world. His message is simple – it’s never been easier for SMEs to successfully market locally, nationally and globally!