Imagine your website is your front store. How would you like it to look? Would it have pretty coloured pot plants out the front, or would every surface be covered in advertising material? Would you have a sign out front that would be obvious from a distance, or is there an expectation that anyone walking past would know what you sell?
Your website is an extension of your business. In most cases it is the first time a potential customer could meet you. The saying always is – you have 7 seconds to make an impression! Question – what kind of impression do, YOU want to make.
At the end of this 2 hour workshop you will have the knowledge to:
- Determine what you ACTUALLY need in your website
- Know the right questions to ask of an expert
- Understand the fundamentals of website creation
- Develop the basis of your website strategy
This workshop is ideal for those who:
- Are yet to build a website for their business
- Have a website but it is outdated
- Looking to build a new website for their business
When you attend, you will receive a hard copy of the Marketing Blueprint so you can begin to create your Marketing Map for 2020
Are you experiencing growth in your business or expecting significant growth in the near future? Do you need help to grow your business? Perhaps you are currently experiencing growth and need help to manage the impact of this growth. Are you a start-up in need of some general business advice or assistance with developing your business systems? Perhaps you have an innovative new product ready for commercialisation and need assistance getting it to market. Or perhaps you simply need help with bringing your business into the digital age.
The right business grant applications for both state and federal government funding can secure the help you need to hit your business goals…but preparation is key.
To find out how to ensure your business is best placed to achieve grant success come along to our interactive, workshop where you will:
- Understanding the seven-step process to ensure your business is best placed to take advantage of grant opportunities;
- Understanding the importance of having a Strategic Business Plan and why this is the foundation stone on which your application is based;
- Obtain practical tips on how to complete grant applications – including mapping an application to a current small business grant;
- Obtain an overview of some of the relevant grant funding opportunities available to help you achieve your business goals.
This practical session will be presented by Dianne Brown, Business Advisor with SRJ Walker Wayland on behalf of Regional Development, Moreton Bay. Dianne is a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years public practice experience in the small to medium sized enterprise (SME) market. Dianne’s career has been fueled by her intellectual curiosity and her desire to know how businesses work, what drives the business and its owners and how we can do things better to achieve both our business and life goals.
Dianne’s special skill is her ability to communicate complex tax and accounting information in easy to understand language tailored to various audiences including business owners, managers, non-accountants and accountants.
To support this, Dianne has developed a special interest in accessing alternative funding arrangements to help businesses achieve their growth. As such, she specialises in evaluating and obtaining both Federal and State Grant funding for businesses operating in both the commercial arena and the not-for-profit space.
To view Current Grants CLICK HERE to go to RDA Moreton Bay’s website
Are you a small business employer with less than 20 employees?
Have you a basic understanding of Single Touch Payroll? Are you involved with payroll procedures and want to know more about the practicalities and logistics of implementing and reporting through Single Touch Payroll?
Join us for this 90 minute session to find out about the practical options, systems and concessions to help you to report your payroll tax and super reporting obligations.
You are also encouraged to register for our Single Touch Payroll: Introduction workshop being held immediately before this one.
Please note: photo identification will be required to access our building.
This event will not be catered; however, you are welcome to bring in your coffee or a snack.
If you provide ride-sourcing services for a fare or work through a facilitator such as Uber, SheSafe, Shebah or
GoCatch, this session will help you understand how income tax, or goods and services tax (GST) applies to your earnings.
Ride-sourcing is taxi-travel for GST purposes. If you have a ride-sourcing enterprise, you need to:
1. have an Australian business number (ABN)
2. register for GST from the day you start
3. collect and pay GST on the full amount of every fare
4. keep records of income and expenses for both GST and income tax purposes.
Come along to this session where we’ll help you understand how to get it right.
Note: This session is designed for sole traders
1. Photo identification will be required to enter the building
2. This event will not be catered; however, you are welcome to bring in your coffee or a snack.
Messenger Marketing and the power of chatbots with Facebook
Presented by ANDREA ANDERSON
Ok, so you have been told you need a Facebook page. Check.
Now you need a Facebook group. Check.
Hang on, now you need to advertise…ok check.
Congratulations! You have kept Facebook in business… but, you aren’t doing so great.
And, there is no massive improvements in your lead generation.
One word – FRUSTRATION!!!
What if you could turn all the hard work into better quality leads, higher engagement and money in your bank, all for a nominal fee???
Could this be true????
In this workshop we want you to:
- Understand the Messenger Marketing Blueprint
- Convert at a higher level from Facebook to your other platforms
- Boost your bottom line by attracting high quality, itching to buy leads
- Reward your customers when they choose you over a competitor
- And create a massive audience of raving fans for your business
If you are frustrated with keeping the big giants in business at your expense BUT you realise you need to work with these platforms, then this is for you.
Don’t let mediocre results put you off. Learn how to turn those bad results to high profits for your business.
Important – Participating businesses must be aware that this information will be provided to the Commonwealth Department of Jobs and Small Business and the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Innovation and Science for program evaluation and reporting purposes and; they may be approached by a representative of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science to complete a survey on the services provided.
Establish your professional brand through LinkedIn
Presented by KAY RIDGE
Learn why 30 million Companies have LinkedIn Profiles, 50% of B2B web traffic originating social media comes from LinkedIn and 80% of B2B leads generated on social media come from LinkedIn.
Please have LinkedIn loaded onto your Laptop. This is a BYO Laptop workshop
In the workshop you will learn:
- How to create a killer LinkedIn Profile
- How to setup your Business Page
- How to set up showcase pages