- agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries
- closely allied service and supply chain industry sectors.
These actions will target:
- school education
- vocational education and training
- higher education.
The aim is to attract, retain and upskill the domestic workforce. As well as identify where access to a migrant workforce will be necessary to meet industry needs.
Online Feedback closes: 01 June 2020
The Australian Government supports the agriculture industry’s target of becoming a $100 billion sector by 2030. The target is very ambitious and will require industry and governments to work together. We need an environment that enables growth. That supports the production of premium products that attract premium prices.
Share your feedback
The Committee has released a discussion paper on the:
- impact of changes to agribusiness and broader society on the agricultural workforce
- availability of workers, including barriers and impediments
- skills and knowledge needs of workers and business owners and whether current education arrangements meet their needs
- opportunities, best practice and case studies, and priority areas for action.
You can now provide feedback on the National Agricultural Workforce Strategy Discussion Paper. Your views will help to inform the strategy and develop a sustainable and skilled agricultural workforce for the future.