The list of critical industries has been expanded, allowing more businesses to identify critically essential roles, where fully vaccinated workers who are a close contact of a COVID-19 case and have no symptoms can leave quarantine to perform that work.
The critical industries are:
– Emergency services, including police, the Queensland State Emergency Service, maritime rescue, the Coast Guard and the Rural Fire Service
– Power and utilities
– Stores in remote locations or communities
– Essential retail (including supermarkets)
– Freight and Logistics, including freight transported by air, rail, road or sea
– Public Transport
– Education – secondary, primary and kindergarten school teachers
– Agriculture and fisheries production
– Major manufacturing, distribution and critical supply chains (food, pharmaceuticals and petrol)
Telecommunications, data, broadcasting and media.