The Safe Work Australia People’s Choice Award Grant Program is a short-term, competitive grant program run as part of National Safe Work Month.
Safe Work Australia are commited to improving work health and safety (WHS) and workers’ compensation arrangements across Australia and providing support through the Program to projects or initiatives of individuals, businesses, government and non-government organisations that align with this commitment.
The aims of this Program are to:
- increase community awareness and knowledge of WHS and workers’ compensation
- build our profile as the national policy body for WHS and workers’ compensation
- build relationships with key influencers and national bodies, and
- support priority areas including industries, action areas and conditions in the Australian WHS Strategy 2012-2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be offered a grant agreement valued between $2,000 and $20,000 for their project or initiative. Shortlisted applicants’ submissions will be posted on the Safe Work Australia Engage portal and be subject to a public vote. Subject to the People’s Choice Award Grant Guidelines, the finalist with the most public votes will win the People’s Choice Award and may receive additional funding of up to $5,000.
To apply for a grant through the Program, your application must meet the eligibility criteria in the Safe Work Australia People’s Choice Award Grant Program Guidelines. We will not consider your application unless all eligibility criteria are met.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept or consider any application that does not comply with the Safe Work Australia People’s Choice Award Grant Program Guidelines.
Grant Activity Timeframe:
The open competitive program key dates are:
- Entries open – Monday 17 September 2018
- Entries close – Wednesday 31 October 2018
- Finalists announced and People’s Choice Award open for public vote – Wednesday 14 November 2018
- People’s Choice Award winner announced – Friday 30 November 2018
Total Amount Available (AUD):
Estimated Grant Value (AUD):
Instructions for Lodgement:
The application form is available on the Safe Work Australia Engage portal. You will need to have a registered account to access the Safe Work Australia Engage portal. Please submit your completed application to: https://engage.swa.gov.au/win-your-share-of-50000
For any further information contact Miranda Ball Email: email@example.com