he Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority Grants will help Australian SMEs to invest in projects that build capabilities aligned with Defence’s stated Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities.
The Defence Industrial Capability Plan identifies an initial list of Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities. Defence will review the priorities periodically and updates will be published on Defence’s website. A fact sheet on the Sovereign Industrial Capability Priorities is available: http://www.defence.gov.au/SPI/Industry/CapabilityPlan/Docs/SICP-Factsheet1.pdf
- Up to $17 million is available each year from 2018-19 to 2021-22.
- The minimum grant amount is $50,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $1,000,000.
- The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The maximum grant period is two years and six months.
Project activities can include:
- buying, leasing, constructing, installing or commissioning of capital equipment including specialist software to enhance cyber security
- design, engineering and commissioning activities
- workforce training and accreditations
To be eligible you must
- be an SME with less than 200 employees
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
and be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
In order to be eligible you must
- provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- provide an external Accountant Declaration that confirms you can fund your share of the project costs. You must use the Accountant Declaration form available at the bottom of this page.
Grant funding is capped at $3 million in a three-year period per recipient as identified by ABN.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises).
Grant Activity Timeframe:
Up to $17 million is available each year from 2018-19 to 2021-22. We will close this grant opportunity to applications if funding for the current financial year runs out.
Total Amount Available (AUD):
Estimated Grant Value (AUD):
Instructions for Lodgement:
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/sicp.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.